By Cary Vaughn – Historic Archives of Rosemark & Environs, Inc.
When I played high school football at Rosemark Academy, we would often say, “that when the leaves turn brown, we would be wearing the crown.” Fall meant football victory for us, and fall means another successful year for the Country Fair at Rosemark.
Last year, we experienced over 5,000 people in attendance, as we celebrated all that is good in North Shelby and South Tipton Counties. As you mark your calendars for Saturday, September 30, there are 5 main reasons to patronize the 4th Annual Country Fair at Rosemark:
1. Artists – local and regional talent performing from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm at the music tent.
2. Agriculture Environment – booths, exhibitors, displays, and farm equipment representing the overall culture of our rural communities.
3. Animals and Livestock – both large and small.
4. Antique Car Show – over 75 entries of vintage cars and truck classics.
5. Area Food Vendors – El Toro Taco, Double D’s BBQ, Greenwood AME Church, Smokin D’s BBQ, Jamison’s, Jack Frost, Masonic Lodge Breakfast, Swan Fudge, Twisted Sisters and more cooking up the best food in the area.
Please plan now for a full day in Rosemark on September 30th. It should be a day of excellent weather, family fun, and a safe haven as we enjoy the benefits of country life. See you soon!